Looking for Pool Information?
To register for the pool please visit https://www.cellbadge.com/sullystation2/. Our Sully Station II CellBadge website will also show real time pool usage data to allow us to better monitor the pool use.
Monday, June 14, 2021 at 6:30 p.m. – ARB Meeting that will be held virtually
Tuesday, June 15, 2021 at 5 p.m. – Pops at the Pool!
Wednesday, June 23, 2021 at 11 a.m. – Pops at the Pool!
Thursday, June 24, 2021 at 7 p.m. – Board of Trustees Meeting that will be held virtually
Information to access virtual meetings is available on the Connect Resident Portal (https://SullyStationII.connectresident.com) under the Community Calendar.
New Event Announcement: Pops at the Pool
SSIICA Pool and Amenities Update
At the May 27, 2021 virtual Board of Trustees meeting the Board rescinded the Phase Three Pool Reopening Plan and the SSIICA COVID-19 Pandemic Reopening Guidelines-Rev 3 and approved that all SSIICA amenities will operate in compliance with current state and local requirements regarding COVID-19 protocols.
The pool will open at 11:00 a.m. on Saturday, May 29, 2021. If you have not registered for the pool please click here to access the 2021 Pool Registration letter. Pool passes from previous years will not be accepted and your pool registration will not be valid until you have a photo taken.
Management will be onsite and available for photos on Saturday, May 29th from 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Please be sure to bring legal photo identification when you come to the office for photo(s).
Amenity Status Summary
Pools: The Phase Three Pool Reopening Plan, which (among other things) closed the grill areas, required the removal of pool furniture and limited pool capacity, has been rescinded and the pool will operate as normal in accordance with current state and local requirements regarding COVID-19 protocols. Signage will be posted at the pool entrance to encourage safety.
Per Executive Order Number Seventy-Nine: All individuals in the Commonwealth aged five and older who are not fully vaccinated should cover their mouth and nose with a mask in accordance with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention guidance linked here.
In short, the current Commonwealth and CDC guidelines state that individuals five and older who are not fully vaccinated should cover their mouth and nose with a mask.
Other information from the CDC and Fairfax County can be accessed using the following links:
- CDC Interim Public Health Recommendations for Fully Vaccinated People
- Fairfax County Public Swimming Pool Information
- Fairfax County: As Pool Season Begins, Know the Latest COVID-19 Guidance (And Other Healthy Swimming Reminders)
Management Office: The Office will reopen for walk-ins on Monday, June 7, 2021. Our operating hours will return to the schedule previously in place. We are available from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday. The office will remain closed on Wednesdays.
Community Center: The Community Center will reopen for rentals.
Tennis Courts: Courts are open for use.
Multipurpose Courts: Courts are open for use.
Tot Lots/Playgrounds: Tot lots and playgrounds are open for use but are not being sanitized. Signage is posted providing the website and QR code to access CDC guidelines on visiting parks and recreational facilities.
Until further notice, all Board and Committee meetings will continue to be held virtually. Meeting information is available online at https://sullystationii.connectresident.com/.
Please contact Management at email@example.com should you have any questions.
2021 Pool Hours and Registration
The 2021 pool hours have been updated as of May 24, 2021 and are different than the 2021 hours posted previously. Please see below with updates in red. We apologize for any confusion.
The pool will open at 11:00 a.m. on Saturday, May 29, 2021. Please click here to view our 2021 pool hours.
We are excited to welcome back the Sully Station II Piranhas for the 2021 swim season! Please note that our regular pool operating hours will be impacted for swim team events on the following dates:
- Saturday, June 12th – Pool will open at 12:00 p.m.
- Saturday, June 19th – Pool will open at 12:00 p.m.
- Monday, June 28th – Pool will close at 6:00 p.m.
- Monday, July 5th – Pool will close at 4:45 p.m.
- Saturday, July 10th – Pool will open at 12:00 p.m. and close at 6:00 p.m.
- Friday, July 23rd – Pool will close at 6:00 p.m.
- Saturday, July 24th – Pool will open at 2:00 p.m.
- Sunday, July 25th – Pool will close at 6:00 p.m.
Community Center Impact:
- Wednesday, July 21st at 5:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. – Community Center unavailable.
- Friday, July 23rd at 4:00 p.m. through Saturday, July 24th at 10:00 p.m. – Community Center unavailable.
The 2021 Pool Registration letter went out on April 7, 2021. If you have not registered for the pool please click here to access the 2021 Pool Registration letter that contains detailed instructions on registering for the pool. Pool passes from previous years will not be accepted.
Several Members have already registered for the pool and need photos taken before registration is complete. Please stop by the Community Center to have photos taken of all the registered household members over the age of five (5). Please be sure to bring legal photo identification when you come to the office for photo(s). Your pool registration will not be valid until you have a photo taken.
We are available for photos from 9:15 a.m. to 4:45 p.m. on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday. The office is closed on Wednesdays.
Please contact Management at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Fairfax County Sully Basins Retrofit Project
The Fairfax County Department of Public Works and Environmental Services and Stormwater Planning Division started their efforts to retrofit the dry pond located near Watermark Circle, Grobie Pond Lane, and Linden Creek Court. Fairfax County held a virtual pre-construction meeting to share information on the Sully Basins Retrofitting Project and answer questions. If you were unable to attend please click here to access the recording of their presentation.
Section 14 Residents will have six Section 14 marked parking spaces impacted during the Fairfax County Sully Basins Retrofit Project. The Contractor has already installed the orange safety fence barrier around some of the work area and has placed orange cones in six of the Section 14 marked parking spaces that they will require access to on Watermark Circle for the duration of the project. The County is requiring that the six Section 14 marked parking spaces identified using orange cones be free of vehicles between the hours of 7:00 a.m. and 9:00 p.m. The Contractor will also be relocating the pet waste station and trash can nearest these spaces. It will be relocated approximately 10 feet away from its current location.
Please be sure that the spaces remain free of vehicles during the designated hours as required by the County or vehicles may be subject to towing.
If you have questions or would like additional information, please contact the project manager Ken Trinh at 703-324-1016 or Kenneth.Trinh@fairfaxcounty.gov.
Pet of the Month Contest Updates
The votes are in! Rosie is the April Fools Pet of the Month winner! Pondering where her tail is, Rosie’s quest led her to this month’s prize. Congratulations to Rosie and thanks to all the contestants who kept us smiling!
This past year, has your pet become your work from home supervisor or your distance learning study buddy? For May’s Pet of the Month contest, we want to see your Quarantine Co-workers and Classmates! Take and submit a photo of your pet in your home office or classroom by Tuesday, May 18th. You can submit your photo by filling out an online form (requires a Gmail account) or sending it to email@example.com.
Check out the SSIICA’s Pet of the Month website for more contest details, online forms, and photo galleries.
Policy Resolution No. 7, Revision
Following the Hearing held at the March 25, 2021 Sully Station II Community Association (SSIICA) virtual Board of Trustees meeting, the Board approved changes to Policy Resolution No. 7, Vehicle Policy. Please use this link to access the revised Policy: Policy Resolution No. 7, Vehicle Policy. The revised Policy Resolution will be effective on April 15, 2021. Until April 15, 2021, the current Policy Resolution No. 7 remains in full effect.
All Owners should be familiar with the Vehicle Policy, and Owners are responsible for ensuring any tenants and guests are also aware of and abide by the Policy.
Aligned to our other Parking space efforts, Vehicle Policy enforcement has been a priority and Management will continue increased enforcement actions under the revised policy.
The following table lists some of the notification requirements that are addressed in this vehicle policy:
Other notable items:
- If a vehicle is parked in a designated handicapped space, the vehicle must display BOTH a valid DMV issued handicap permit and a valid management-issued Sully Station II Section hanging tag, where hanging tags are required.
- If a vehicle in violation of this policy is moved to any other Common Area parking space where it remains in violation, the vehicle may be towed without additional notice.
- If a vehicle is covered while parked or stored in a Common Area, authorized individuals may lift the cover to ascertain whether the vehicle is in compliance with this policy.
- Policy Resolution No. 7 also extends to the VDOT maintained public streets running through our community as defined in the Sully Station II Parking District. Vehicles parked on public streets and private driveways within the boundaries of the SSIICA Development Limits are subject to this policy.
- Vehicle must display both valid registration tags and inspection.
Some notable changes in the revision that is effective on April 15, 2021:
- Exceptions for vehicles listed in Section II.A.1(a) parked in private driveways and assigned spaces has been reduced from seventy-two (72) hours four (4) times in a calendar year to forty-eight (48) hours two (2) times in a calendar year without prior written approval.
- A rule has been added that specifically prohibits non-vehicular items being placed in any parking area without prior written approval.
- The language regarding vehicles parked in the same Common Area or Cluster Common Area unmarked, “open” or “visitor” parking spaces has changed from three consecutive nights to three consecutive days. Days begin and end at midnight local time.
- Enforcement has been updated to include enforcement that is an alternative to, or in addition to, all penalties set forth in the Governing Documents, including Policy Resolution No. 14.
- Enforcement has also been updated to address repeat violations of any one of the rules or regulations in place and includes, but is not limited to, the revocation of the Association-issued parking license.
Owners are responsible for reading and complying with the complete policy. Any questions may be directed to Management at Office@sully2.com.
FirstService Residential Connect Resident Portal and Mobile App for SSIICA
FirstService Residential invites you to log into the Resident Portal. This community website powered by Connect, our proprietary management software, provides an easy and helpful way to access pertinent information about your community and your account. Your secure and fully-supported community website is available anywhere you have Internet access.
WHAT YOU HAVE ACCESS TO 24 HOURS A DAY, 7 DAYS A WEEK
· Community Calendar
· Community News & Events
· Association Documents
· Forms & Applications
· Work Order Submission Tracking
· Resident Directory
· Assessment Balance & History
· Online Payment Options
· Direct Online Contact with FirstService Residential
HOW TO GET STARTED
1. In your Internet browser, enter https://SullyStationII.connectresident.com. This is the public page of the website.
2. Select Resident Access at the upper right side of page.
3. Select Register option.
4. Enter the requested information and follow the on-screen prompts to complete your registration.
5. Once on the website, be sure to update your phone and email contact information so that you can receive important community updates.
You may also want to take this time to designate which phone number(s) and/or email address you wish to appear in the resident directory.
Once you’ve completed the registration process, you can use the same credentials to log into the Mobile App. Find the app by searching Connect Resident in the Google Play or iTunes store.
General Resolution No. 1, Parking Rules and Regulations
At the December 17, 2020 Sully Station II Community Association (SSIICA) Board of Trustees meeting, the Board adopted General Resolution No. 1, Parking Rules and Regulations.
General Resolution No. 1 relates to Rules and Regulations regarding permit parking in the mixed townhome neighborhood sections (those sections with both garage and non-garage townhomes) and Section 2A Common Area parking spaces. The mixed townhome Sections covered in this Resolution include Sections 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 13, 14, and 15, and Section 2A is the Belcher Farm Drive area.
Most significantly, the General Resolution pertains to regulations on permit parking in the Common Area and Cluster Common Area (Section) parking spaces.
All Owners should be familiar with the General Resolution, and Owners are responsible for ensuring any tenants and guests are also aware of and abide by the Parking Rules and Regulations.
General Resolution No. 1, Parking Rules and Regulations is effective as of December 18, 2020 and it can be found as an attachment below and on FSRConnect at https://sullystationii.connectresident.com/.
Please contact Management at firstname.lastname@example.org should you have any questions.
2021 Sully Station II Community Association Annual Operating Budget
The Sully Station II Community Association Board of Trustees has approved the 2021 Annual Operating Budget. The result is that the 2021 Budget requires a small increase for Townhomes and Estates owners to cover expenses not offset by ongoing cost saving activities.
FirstService Residential will be ordering the Assessment coupon books for each Member of the Association unless you are already enrolled in direct debit through ClickPay. Coupon books should be received by Members before the end of December 2020. When your coupon book arrives, please review it for accuracy.
For owners interested in automatic payments, please visit www.ClickPay.com/FirstService. If you are already enrolled in automatic payments through ClickPay, the monthly amount of your assessment should update automatically. If you use any automated payment other than ClickPay, please ensure the monthly amount of your assessment is updated.
Policy Resolution No. 14, Enforcement Policy and Procedures
At the October 22, 2020 Sully Station II Community Association (SSIICA) Board of Trustees meeting, the Board approved changes to Policy Resolution No. 14, Enforcement Policy and Procedures.
Policy Resolution No. 14 provides procedures relating to enforcement of the Governing Documents, to include the Founding Documents and Rules and Regulations of the Association. The revision provides a more thorough enforcement process and addresses repeat violations and emergency procedures. The revision also specifies the type of notices to be sent, how the notices are to be sent, and the number of days for correction.
The revised Policy Resolution will be effective on November 9, 2020.
The current policy, and the revised policy that is effective on November 9, 2020, can be found as attachments below and on FSRConnect at https://sullystationii.connectresident.com/.
Please contact Management at email@example.com should you have any questions.
2020 Board of Trustees Election results
BOARD OF TRUSTEES – 2020 ELECTION RESULTS:
The following association members were elected to serve on the Board of Trustees at the September 24, 2020 SSIICA Annual Meeting:
Edvin Gusinac – elected for a 2 year term
Karen Hogan – elected for a 2 year term
Glenn Martin – elected for a 2 year term
Bill Perry – elected for a 2 year team
At the October 15, 2020 Special Board of Trustees Meeting, Adrian Isaicu was appointed to serve on the Sully Station II Community Association Board of Trustees, filling the vacant position until the 2021 election that will be held on September 23, 2021.
Organization of the Board of Trustees following the October 15th, 2020 Special Board of Trustees Meeting:
President – Karen Hogan
Vice President – Patrick Morris
Secretary – Edvin Gusinac
Treasurer – Glenn Martin
Trustees: Lisa Forester, Adrian Isaicu and Bill Perry
We look forward to another successful year!
CONGRATULATIONS TO ALL!!
In case you missed the virtual meeting here is the SSIICA 2020 Annual Meeting Presentation!
Policy Resolution No. 16, 2018 Architectural Design Guidelines and Standards, Revision to Exhibit 1
At the April 23, 2020 Sully Station II Community Association (SSIICA) Board of Trustees meeting, the Board approved to revise Exhibit 1 to Policy Resolution No. 16, 2018 Architectural Design Guidelines and Standards, to include an accelerated timeline to enforce lawn maintenance and trash violations and two previous Board-approved motions regarding windows and doors.
The accelerated timeline change to enforce lawn maintenance and trash violations is as follows:
For lawns that are not mowed to maintain the height of grass below 6” and for Trash Containers that are not properly stored, the following enforcement timeline shall be used:
1. An initial written notification of non-compliance shall be sent to the Owner via First Class mail and shall require that the violation be rectified within 10 days from the date of the notice.
2. If the violation is not rectified within 10 days from the date of the initial written notice, Management shall call the Owner to a formal hearing before the Board of Trustees (BOT) via First Class mail and certified mail pursuant to the notification requirements set forth by the Virginia Property Owners Association Act.
3. As a result of this hearing, the BOT may vote to take appropriate actions which include:
A. Suspending the right of the Owner in question to use the Association’s recreational facilities;
B. Levying a charge in accordance with the provisions of the Governing Documents, including the Book of Regulations, and/or the Virginia Property Owners’ Association Act;
C. Referring the matter to legal counsel for appropriate action to secure compliance with the Association’s Legal Instruments;
D. As applicable and in accordance with Article VI, Section 2(b) of the Declaration, having the Association enter the property of the Owner in violation, correct the condition(s) which constitute the violation and impose a Restoration Assessment upon the lot for the full costs incurred by the Association in correcting the violation.
Should the Owner receive an initial written notice of non-compliance for the same violation on two occasions within a twelve (12) month period, the third initial notice of non-compliance (and any subsequent initial notices for the same violation) shall call the Owner directly to a hearing before the BOT.
The changes to the restrictions for windows and doors are as follows:
- Under WINDOWS, the following restriction is added: Grids, or mullions, are required in all windows. Exceptions may be granted by the ARB for decorative or casement windows or front door transoms and sidelights.
- Under DOORS, the following restriction is added: Exterior doors (other than front doors, storm doors and garage doors) that are largely glass, will all have grids, with the exception of sliding glass doors.
All Owners should be familiar with the Design Guidelines, and Owners are responsible for ensuring any tenants are also aware of and abide by the Policy. Please direct questions to Management at Office@sully2.com.
Sully Station II Community Center Office Closure on Wednesdays Beginning May 15th, 2019
Please use the link below to see the letter from Sully Station II Board of Trustees regarding the closure of the community center office on Wednesdays. This will be effective Wednesday May 15th, 2019.
SSIICA 2021 Meeting Schedules
For Board of Trustees and Architectural Review Board (ARB) and Activities Committee 2021 Meeting Schedules, click here.
Pool Rules and Regulations Revised
At the February 27, 2020 Sully Station II Community Association (SSIICA) Board of Trustees meeting, the Board approved changes to Policy Resolution No. 11, Use of Common Areas: Swimming Pool Rules. Please use this link to access the revised Policy: Policy Resolution No. 11, Use of Common Areas: Swimming Pool Policy.